The Pressure of Sports Success
What could be timelier for the weekend of the Super Bowl than a podcast on how we think about sports?
In this episode of the “Wealth, Actually” podcast, Frazer Rice and I discuss sports specialization and the pressure of sports success.
We tackle (should I have chosen that word this weekend?):
- The role of sports in social mobility
- How colleges and the admissions process have played a role in the sports machine
- The benefits of team activities in overall development
- The lottery-like odds of success (depending on how you define it)
- The nature of injuries and the risk of specialization
- The benefits of specialization and the risk of being left behind
Instead of watching all the pregame hype, fire up your phone, plug in your ear buds, go for a walk and have a listen.
Walking is a sport too.
Here is the link and here is what to look for when you get there
Hope your favorite team wins, but it might not be the end of the earth if it doesn’t.